Ridgway RR Museum Logo

Home
Event Calendar
Contact Museum
Interior Exhibits
Galloping Goose #4
Motor No. 1
Box Car 3130
Business Car C
Outbuilding
Modeling Page
RR Employee Records
Pop Car
RGS Engine #42
Grants
Wish List
Historic Photos
Links
Ridgway Walking Tour
Railroad Days
SRR Hike
Business Members
Archival Material
Outreach
Membership
Museum Newsletter
Museum Board

RGS Outbuilding

This building served as the coal storage shed and outhouse for the RGS depot in Ridgway. It was built in 1890. After the abandonment off the RGS it was sold to a local rancher to use as a shed. It was moved at least once more during the next 50 years and ended up in the field behind what is now the Ridgway Christian Center. In 2002 it was donated to the museum by the Bovard family and moved to Ridgway. Museum volunteers replaced the roof, the floor beams and much of the board and batten siding with new wood milled to match the original. Paint chips from the building revealed its original colors of bright red and green. It was decided to paint it in the yellow paint scheme found on RGS buildings in the last decade of the railroad.

RGS Outbuilding at the Museum on 11/25/06

Ridgway RR Museum Logo

All original materials, text, and images Copyright © 2010 by the Ridgway Railroad Museum. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any materials, text and images without the express written permission of the Ridgway Railroad Museum is strictly prohibited.

All rights to materials, text, and images attributed to other sources are reserved to those sources. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any these materials, text and images without the express written permission of the owners is strictly prohibited.